Yanco is a mid-season sub clover providing a new and improved replacement for Riverina, Trikkala and Monti (ssp. yanninicum).
BETTER SEED REGENERATION AND DISEASE RESISTANCE FOR MORE FEED
Yanco is well adapted to moderately acidic (pH CaCl2 4.5-6.5) soils prone to waterlogging and to loamy and clay soils with good water retention.
It is highly resistant to both Race 1 and 2 of clover scorch (Kabatiella caulivora) and that coupled with its outstanding seeding ability, ensures highest autumn-winter forage yields and high total yields.
It is best suited to areas with approximately 450-700 mm annual average rainfall and where the growing season extends into November.
Yanco is suitable for permanent and semi-permanent pastures. It can be used in cropping rotations, but at least two years of pasture are required between crops
- Mid-season flowering
- Good hard seed levels
- Sub species yanninicum (cream seeded)
- High seed yields
- Strong clover scorch resistance
- Tolerant of water-logging. Well suited to flood irrigated hay production
- Higher seedling regeneration in years 2 and beyond. Higher autumn/ winter yields from more plants
- Produces more feed in medium-high rainfall zone Will re-seed in early season finishes
- Better plant survival and forage yields
- Protects against seedling losses with false breaks