RGT Calabro is a bearded, medium-long growing season winter wheat with potential for high yields in the medium and high rainfall zone.
FULL SEASON GROWING POTENTIAL
RGT Calabro is a bearded, medium-long growing season winter wheat with potential for high yields in the medium and high rainfall zone. It is a variety that has taken a high market share in France where its maturity, high yields and good grain quality has made it desirable for growers and end-users alike. The variety has a good disease resistance profile with very good resistance to stripe rust. With short stiff straw, harvest quality is good producing large bold grain with a high thousand grain weight.
Type – Winter red wheat
Disease Resistance – Visit nvtonlin.com.au
Seedling Vigour – Excellent
Grazing Potential – Very good autumn and winter
Sowing Zones – Tasmania , S Tablelands NSW, N Victoria (irrigation),S Victoria, South-east SA
- Can be sown in HRZ from late summer until early winter
- Early heading and maturing
- Full season growing potential
- High yield potential
- Excellent stripe rust resistance
- Short stiff straw with excellent standability
- Increased potential for autumn/ winter grazing when sown early