Narrikup is a very vigorous mid-late season subterraneum clover (ssp. subterraneum).
TOLERANCE TO REDLEGGED EARTH MITE
Narrikup is best suited to well-drained,moderately acid (pH CaCl2 4.5 – 6.5) soils in areas of southern Australia with approximately 500-700 mm mean annual rainfall and where the growing season extends to mid-November.
Emerging seedlings of Narrikup suffer less damage from redlegged earth mite than older subterraneum clovers.
Narrikup has high winter production, driven by strong seedling regeneration
- Increased winter feed
- Improved seedling regeneration
- Seedling redlegged earth mite tolerance
- Mid season flowering
- Increased spring feed
- Improved establishment. Greater first year yields. Reduced need for insecticide & application costs
- Produces more feed in 500–700mm rainfall zone
- 87% more winter feed to Campeda. 29% more winter feed to June
- 13% more spring feed to Campeda. Similar spring feed to June