Acacia Plateau is a fast-establishing forage kikuyu with improved cold tolerance and rapid lateral spreading ability.
THE LATERAL SPREADING KIKUYU FOR LATERAL THINKING PRODUCERS
Acacia Plateau was selected from plants growing at Acacia Plateau at the top of the Clarence River catchment close to the NSW/QLD border some 1000m above sea level.
This has led to a new variety with an ability to establish and grow under cooler temperatures, yet cover over rapidly. Trials have shown it to establish faster and produce more feed than Whittet, especially in the cool season.
It also has higher quality when grazed on a tight rotation length (see table below).
- Rapid lateral spread
- Excellent feed quality
- Broad seed germination period
- High forage yields
- Greater cold tolerance
- Can achieve pasture coverage faster
- More feed available for livestock
- Improved animal performance
- Can handle staggered moisture profile
- Can establish under cooler temperatures and in autumn with temperate grasses. Will produce greater winter feed yields